At DN Reviews we have a tradition, and it entails being persistent in the face of forgotten or forsaken titles. When it seems that a game is taking too long to be released, we write about it to keep it alive and contact the company to inform them that there is still support for their straggling title. Our approach has proven to be effective with many titles. Today, however, the game we want to focus on is Assassin’s Creed Identity [Free], Ubisoft’s action adventure title that was soft launched in September, 2014. So over a year has passed and we still don’t have the game in an official release. Frustrating isn’t it? We have good news for you though and it will bring a big smile to your face. Just before a month, Assassin’s Creed Identity was updated and has become on the brink of release! We strongly believe that it will be officially released by the end of 2015 based on different sources.
The open world stealth game will be available for iOS and Android. In fact, the soft launch provided a great amount of feedback for Ubisoft and from what they learned, they have refined & reworked the overall game experience and the game story progression. So work is being done on it and it is not forsaken nor forgotten as you would assume. Here are the new features that were added to the game during its September update:
- A new tutorial has been added that guides you much better than the previous system.
- They have added a new heroic mode which is unlocked once the story is completed and this new mode offers a difficulty on another level.
- The new mission structure was improved and now the player can switch between story mode and random contract missions to obtain extra rewards.
- The inventory has been redesigned to include a brief overview of your possessions and stats.
- Mystery boxes have been added in order to increase the chances of you receiving random rewards. They appear in different parts of the city.
- The forge system has been introduced to replace the old decryption system. This allows you to upgrade your old and unused weaponry & empower them.
- Replacing the old system, Boosts are now available to easily increase your Assassin’s skills for a limited time.
Moving on, let us discuss what the game is all about. The game’s theme will be based on the memories of past and present which can be uncovered by reading the Codex. All this will be taking place in the Coliseum, Florence & other familiar locations in Renaissance Italy. The world map will present familiar places to those who have already played this title on console. Through your venture into this strange world, you collect items that help you understand the bigger story. One thing that really disappointed us is that it lacks an immersive story and you basically play through each mission not really having a deep plot to motivate you. Nevertheless, it stays true to the traditional AC style that we have come to know & love – this means you can sneak, you can stab, and you can definitely climb. And really, it is the closest AC experience we have at the moment, so we can’t really complain much.
Furthermore, there is a Co-op experience where you can invite your friends to help you complete challenging missions. With Assassin’s Creed Identity, there are many new heroes presented and you can choose from 3 unique classes: The Berserker, The Shadowblade, & The Trickster. You can customize your characters in terms of outfits and color variations as well.
Finally, the game will allow you to fight with swords, assassinate with knives, use social stealth to hide with the crowd, and cower under haystacks if you are about to get caught. All the elements that make up an Assassin’s Creed game will be incorporated into this new game to bring about a genuine AC experience. Ubisoft has rendered the graphics with custom-made HD textures, shaders, and models based on the Assassin’s Creed console title. Currently, the game is in Soft Launch in New Zealand and Australia only, but it is expected to be available worldwide within December of 2015, although with Ubisoft there are no fixed dates. You can check the beta gameplay for this game below.