Minecraft: Pocket Edition [$6.99] has received a new sneak peek trailer for ”The Friendly Update” or what we have come to know as Update 0.15, which can be found at the bottom of this article. First, let’s consider, why has Mojang called it The Friendly Update? Surely there’s a meaning behind the choice of words. We strongly believe that they called it so because they are introducing Minecraft Realms, an official subscription-based server that allows players to play with their friends online through a convenient process.
The trailer confirms a lot of the speculation that has been going on. Now we know more about what’s coming in update 0.15. Below, are some of the features that have been confirmed for the next update. There might be more features coming that we don’t know about, so don’t rule anything out yet. Without keeping you waiting any longer, here’s what will be included in The Friendly Update:
- Minecraft Realms
- Pistons and sticky pistons
- Observer blocks: new blocks that can detect changes in neighboring blocks
- Xbox Live Achievements on iOS and Android
- Online multiplayer with Xbox Live friends
- Leads, horses and dyeable horse armor!
- Fire charges
- Pig riding
- A whole new UI for the main menu, shared with the Windows 10 Edition
- You can now tip arrows using a cauldron and potions
- Husk zombies in the desert
- Stray skeletons in tundras
- Different villages in taigas and savannahs
- Skeleton horse traps
- Resource Packs
- Trading with villagers
- New Archer Mob
- Biome-based villages
These are the features that we expect to see in the next update. Yet, there is an open possibility for other features such as commands & plugins. As for tweaks, there are some that have been confirmed. Online play will use less bandwidth; Note blocks will become a lot louder; Walking far from spawn will generate much less jittering; and more mob eggs will be added to the creative menu.
There is no release date for this update as of now but we will keep you updated. If you happen to be an Android user, then you can apply to become a Beta tester by clicking here. Stay tuned with our website for the latest information on Minecraft: Pocket Edition. You can check the sneak peek trailer for The Friendly Update below.