Here comes a new update to Pokemon GO and many players are actually excited to see Niantic address some of the common issues in the game. We want to make it as simple as possible for you and sum up the changes for you. The update is now live on the App Store and Google Play, so you can update if you haven’t. Let’s start by taking a look at the official changes that have been made in the game.
- Trainer avatars can now be re-customized from the profile screen
- Some Pokemon battle move damage values have been adjusted
- Certain Gym animations have been improved
- Improvement of memory issues
- Footprints of nearby Pokemon has been removed
- Battle damage calculation has been adjusted
- Various bug fixes during Pokemon encounters
- Pokemon details UI has been updated
- Achievement medals art has been updated
- Certain map features displayed have been fixed
- Minor text fixes
These are the official changes that have been posted by Niantic. They all were a necessary change and now the game has come a bit closer to perfection. However, there are also some undocumented changes in this update. It appears that Battery Saver Mode has been removed from the iOS version and now if you favorite a Pokemon, you are not able to transfer it. Note that the Transfer button has been removed and replaced with a floating button.
In addition, the Egg Incubation screen has received a button that will redirect you to the Shop. Niantic also added more warning screens due to recent accidents, such as reminding you that you must ”Not play Pokemon GO while driving.” Strangely, the company did not officially announce these changes but they are pretty accurate.
Most importantly, if after the update you get notified to login again and you get a welcome screen and see the game has restarted from the beginning, then do not continue. Make sure to close the app and contact Niantic’s support team by clicking here. When you file a report, be sure to inform them of this problem. Unfortunately, many updates bring more problems at times but we hope that you don’t face this issue. Stay tuned with our website for the latest news on Pokemon GO.