As Telltale tends to do, now they have made Episode 1 of Minecraft: Story Mode available for free. This is a great move for those that did not have the chance to grab it when it first came out. In the first episode, the game’s story takes a charming twist, where you and your friends look up to the celebrated Order of the Stone and go to EnderCon to meet some of The Order’s members. While there, you realize that a terrifying danger is unleashed and you have to play a part in saving the world.
With globally renowned voice actors you will enjoy the story like never before. Let us look at the team of voice actors just to give you an idea:
- Ashley Johnson (Tales from the Borderlands, The Last of Us)
- Billy West (Adventure Time, Futurama)
- Brian Posehn (Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Mission Hill, Surf’s Up, The Sarah Silverman Program)
- Corey Feldman (Stand By Me, The Goonies)
- Dave Fennoy (Batman: Arkham Knight, The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us)
- Martha Plimpton (Raising Hope, The Good Wife, The Goonies)
- Patton Oswalt (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Ratatouille, WordGirl)
- Paul Reubens (Pee-wee’s Big Adventure, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Tron: Uprising)
- Scott Porter (Batman: Arkham Knight, Friday Night Lights, Speed Racer, X-Men)
There is no doubt that this interactive series is one of the best we played on mobile devices so we assure you that you will not be disappointed. You will have to, however, pay for the next episodes to continue the story. The story itself ends at the 5th episode but there are 3 extra adventure episodes you can play as well. The entire 8 episodes are priced at $24.99 but if you want the Season Pass (up to Episode 5), then it’s only $14.99. See how you like the first episode and you can decide if it’s worth it. You can check the official trailer for Episode 1 below.