Today is another amazing day for Clash Royale players because the July update is now live. New cards, tournaments, a frozen arena, and balance changes have now been introduced. We will provide below all the new content with explanatory notes on each:
- Ice Spirit – A new common card that spawns one lively little Ice Spirit to freeze a group of enemies for 2 seconds. Very similar in nature to the Fire Spirit yet double the health and costs only 1 Elixir.
- Bowler – A new epic card containing a blue giant that focuses on 2 main things, Dark Elixir drinks and throwing rocks. His massive boulders bounce off their target, landing behind for a double strike. It is a good offense and defense card and costs 6 Elixir.
- Lumberjack – A new legendary card that chops trees by day and hunts The Log by night. His bottle of Rage spills everywhere when he dies. This card is very useful at the cost of 4 Elixir.
- The Log – A new legendary card that was once a spilt bottle of Rage which turned an innocent tree trunk into what it is now. Now, it seeks revenge by crushing anything in its path for only 2 Elixir.
A new feature that allows you to create tournaments for nearby players to join. While it is free to join a tournament, the creator of the tournament will have to spend Gems. The cost to create the tournament becomes the prize pool for the winners. While online players can join, it will activate your location for those that live near you to join a face-to-face tournament. You don’t have to leave your clan to join a tournament.
New Arena & Changes
The Frozen Peak is a new frozen arena that can be unlocked at 2300+ Trophies. In addition, TV Royale will now feature top players in the Legendary Arena channel more often. TV Royale is now accessible via the middle screen (Battle Tab). Friendly Battles now allow you to choose the Arena that you wish to battle in, a new feature that will make battles more refreshing. Moreover, now you can arrange your cards based on Arena, Elixir, or rarity. This can help you choose which cards to use based on the cheapest Elixir use and other useful ways.
- Skeleton Army – Skeleton number increase from 20 to 21.
- Goblin Barrel – Elixir cost decreased from 4 down to 3 and deployment time increased from 1 second to 1.2 seconds; while impact damage removed.
- Giant Skeleton – Damage has been increased by 20% (doesn’t affect Death Damage).
- Dark Prince – Damage increased by 8% and is no longer affected by pushback when hit by Fireball or any other.
- Bomber – Damage now increased by 9%.
- Wizard – Attack speed increased from 1.7 seconds to 1.6 seconds.
- Inferno Tower – Hitpoints increased by 6%.
- Elixir Collector – Now it’s affected by slowing and speed up effects, such as Freeze, Rage, any other card effects.
- Tombstone – Hitpoints increased by 9%
- Bomb Tower – Hitpoints increased by 6%.